Feb 27, 2015 — UPDATE: This position has been filled, but we’re always looking for qualified leaders to join our team. If you think you’d like to work for Little Guys Movers, drop us a line and let’s talk more about it.
Interested in a management position with Little Guys Movers? We’re now hiring a Branch Manager in Lexington. Think you’re the right person for the job? Send us your full resume and cover letter.
Little Guys Movers is looking for a full-time Branch Manager to lead our Lexington, KY location. The role of the Branch Manager is to oversee all operations, and to increase sales and success of the store. This position demands someone with an adventurous spirit, entrepreneurial backbone, and the tenacity to tackle the day and all challenges it presents. Moving is not an easy business, but we consider it to be highly rewarding.
This isn’t a comfortable nine-to-five desk job … it’s for someone that thrives in a non-corporate environment where you are encouraged take ownership of our quest to be the best damned moving company and apply it to your day-to-day operations. Ideal Branch Manager candidates should have strong ties to the Lexington community as well as experience in customer service, sales and finance, and human resources. But first and foremost: you must be good at managing people.
- Build and develop a team of exceptional movers, Crew Leaders, and Master Crew Leaders
- Drive continual improvement and growth of the business
- Handle conflict and damage resolution
- Ensure compliance with all DOT regulations and FMCSA guidelines
- Network locally with key community organizations and persons
- Actively seek creative ways to participate as a good corporate citizen in community
- A minimum of 3 years of strong business, management, or other relevant experience is required (please include on resume)
- Degree is a plus
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities Required:
- Basic math / computer skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and direct people (include examples of extracurricular leadership roles on resume, if applicable; e.g. Eagle Scout)
- Self-motivated, with strong decision-making capabilities
- Flexible, with good problem solving skills
- Dedication to excellent customer service, including tactful conflict resolution skills
- Commitment to Little Guys Movers core values
About Little Guys Movers
Little Guys Movers is a privately-owned moving business founded in 1992 with 12 locations in 7 states, and plans to expand into other markets soon. We provide moving and packing services for local, long distance, corporate, and residential moves.
We are a strong brotherhood comprised of those with great will and conquer-all attitudes. Little Guys is a group of callous-handed life-lovers and masters of our craft. We are a company built on sweat, strong backs, and a simple philosophy: do the right thing by people, and you will be rewarded.
More than twenty years and 100,000+ moves after we first began, LGM has maintained fierce loyalty to the values that got us here: integrity, commitment to customer service, and being actively involved in each community we’re a part of. Being a Little Guy means you’ll be a part of a thriving, dynamic business – our company has grown more than 20% per year over the last 4 years, and we’re not planning on slowing down anytime soon.
But don’t take our word for it. Listen to what JD Patton, Branch Manager at our Fort Collins, CO location and 14-year LGM veteran, has to say about working for Little Guys Movers.
Want to know more about us or the position? Email us and let’s grab a beer.