Last updated 3/31/20
For us, moving has never been about transporting boxes from Point A to Point B. It’s about the people, and this has never been more clear than during the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety of our customers and our team is our number one concern. We want you to feel comfortable and cared for during your move, despite the unusual circumstances. Below we are answering some questions you may have about how we’re handling moves during the coronavirus outbreak. We are taking every precaution we can, because above all, the Little Guys Movers philosophy is to do the right thing. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Movers were friendly, professional, staff was quick to respond to questions, and they wore masks during the entirety of the move, out of and in to both houses, in mid 90s-degree heat. Outstanding crew. — David S., Oklahoma
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are you guys still open and moving people during the COVID-19 outbreak?
Yes, we are open! Movers are classified as an Essential Business, which means that during current state-mandated shelter-in-place orders, we continue to operate. It isn’t that we CAN still move or GET to stay in business, it is that people NEED us to be there for them and we take that very seriously. If you have more specific questions, please call your local Little Guys Movers location.
Q: You are going in and out of people’s homes every day – how are you preventing the spread of COVID-19?
At Little Guys Movers, safety is always our primary concern. We consider being proactive in minimizing risks to the health and safety of our employees and customers to be of vital importance.
To that end, our employees are engaged in extra safety and hygiene practices aligned with CDC recommendations. This includes enhanced and frequent hand-washing, maintaining an appropriate social distance from customers, cleaning and disinfecting the moving equipment used on each job, staying home if they are not feeling well, and other functional and operational shifts (Crew and Vehicle Distancing Protocol) to ensure that we can continue to perform our duties in a safe and responsible manner.
Q: What are your employees doing to stay safe and healthy?
Little Guys Movers is actively working to minimize health risks for all of our employees and our customers. To this end, we have instituted additional safety measures, including:
- Enhanced daily cleaning for trucks, offices, and equipment
- Frequent hand-washing
- A reduction in size of our moving crews
- Elimination of walk-in clients at our offices
- Elimination of in-home estimates in favor of over-the-phone estimates
- Limiting the population of our offices to essential personnel only
- Adoption of COVID-19 CDC safety guidelines, and federal guidelines for social distancing
Q: What special measures should I take before you arrive for my move?
We recognize that it takes participation from everyone in our community for preventive health and safety measures to be most effective. We are asking for your help so we can continue to provide essential services. Prior to your moving date, please ensure that:
You are ready to move. This means:
- Surfaces in your home are clear
- Surfaces and door handles are cleaned
- Beds are stripped
- Loose items are packed and sealed in boxes
- Appliances are empty and disconnected
- Clear paths to doorways and to items we will be moving
You designate one person as the primary point of contact for pre-move walkthrough, signing paperwork, and making payment.
- We will maintain appropriate social distance from this person.
- Please try to minimize the number of additional family members present at both the load and unload location. We realize this may be difficult, but it is part of our protocol and an important measure we are taking to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Please have friends, helpers, other contractors, and any other people out of the home.
If you or a family member are ill, have been exposed to an ill person, have recently traveled to a high-risk area, or have any other concerns based on your particular situation, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We will work with you to address those concerns and, if necessary, we are happy to reschedule your move to a time which will be more convenient and safe for all involved.