Do you have a senior friend or family member that is in need of moving assistance? Our polite, professional movers will help every step of the way … that’s how mama raised us.
5 Simple Tips for Seniors Who are Moving:
- Don’t go it alone! Enlist the help of a friend or relative to prepare for your move – from making phone calls to labeling boxes. Remember, Little Guys offers an entire range of senior moving services and packing supplies to fit your needs. We are here for you!
- Clear the clutter! Moving is a great excuse to get rid of some of the junk that may be lingering in your attic, garage, closets, or guest bedrooms. Host a garage sale or donate unwanted items to charity.
- Arrange for storage space in advance if necessary.
- Keep any prescriptions or medical documents unpacked and accessible while in transit.
- Take photos of your old home to give the movers a reference if you would like your new surroundings set up in a similar fashion. Pay attention to everything from arrangement of living room furniture to placement of knick-knacks and family photos. This will make the transition easier so it feels more like home.