Residential Moving Services
Moving to a new house, apartment, or condo? Big or small, local or long distance, Little Guys Movers will get you there on time, within budget, safely and securely!
What to Expect
Little Guys Movers will provide a detailed estimate in advance so there are no surprises or uncertainties. Our friendly, trained staff will arrive in uniform with clean professional moving trucks, ready to take you to the next stop along your journey. Whether you need a complete moving solution or just a few supplies, we will customize your experience to fit your individual needs.
We can provide residential moving clients with:
- Packing Supplies and Services
- Loading and Unloading (using high quality furniture moving quilts and materials)
- Furniture Disassembly and Reassembly
- Moving and Setting up Items in your New Location
- Local and Long Distance Moves
- Professional and Friendly Staff
- Replacement Cost Protection
Residential Moving Checklist
With more than 100,000 successful moves, Little Guys Movers can offer support and help walk you through the process during this hectic and emotional time. Below is a helpful checklist to ensure that nothing gets forgotten or left behind on moving day.
4 to 6 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Call Little Guys Movers to get a detailed estimate of the cost and schedule a tentative date for moving.
- Visit Little Guys Movers to purchase any boxes or packing supplies you may need.
- Contact the local post office to get a Change of Address form.
- Contact friends, family, banks, and other businesses or organizations you work with to let them know you are moving.
- There is no need to pay extra to move items you won't need! Start cleaning out your attic, basement, closets and garage to collect any unwanted items for a garage sale or charity donation. Notify Little Guys if any major items should be added or subtracted from your initial inventory estimate.
2 to 3 Weeks Before Moving Day
- Remember, Little Guys offers packing services! If you have decided to do your own packing, be sure to clearly label all boxes with contents and the room it belongs in.
- Contact local utility companies to determine a date for disconnection.
- Call to set up utilities at your new home.
- If you have children who will be moving to a new school district, contact the schools to transfer records.
- Discard any containers of flammable liquids, chemicals, or other hazardous waste that cannot be moved. Be sure to keep a small stash of cleaning supplies handy for the final clean up on moving day.
- If you will be driving your car during a long distance move, check fluid levels and have it serviced if necessary.
- If you will be traveling by plane to your new destination, book airline tickets and hotel rooms if necessary.
- Arrange transportation of any pets that will be traveling with you.
- Organize a going away party or an informal gathering to say farewell to friends and neighbors.
- Gather up any important documents you may need to reference and put them in a secure place where they will be easily accessible.
1 Week Before Moving Day
- Collect any belongings that may not be stored at your home that will need to be moved (dry cleaning, items in storage facilities, gym lockers, etc)
- Pack a bag of clothing, toiletries, kids' favorites toys, and snacks to keep accessible for each family member on moving day.
1 to 3 Days Before Moving Day
- If Little Guys will be providing packing services, point out any fragile items or items you do not want packed.
- If you have decided to do your own packing, be sure all boxes are labeled, sealed, and ready to load onto the truck.
- Close out bank accounts and withdraw or transfer money.
- Discard or give away any unwanted perishable food.
- Empty and clean out the refrigerator.
- Unplug all electronics and appliances that will be moved.
- Charge your cell phone and have important phone numbers handy.
- If possible, provide a floor plan of your new home to direct movers where to set up furniture once it is unloaded.
Moving Day- Departure
- Little Guys Movers will arrive to start loading your belongings into the truck. Have at least one responsible family member on site to verify the inventory or make any special requests.
- Provide the driver with the destination address and a number where you can be reached.
- Do a final cleanup once everything is out of the house.
- Double-check all cabinets, drawers, and closets to be sure nothing has been forgotten.
- Leave behind necessary items for new occupants. (keys, appliance manuals, garage door openers)
- Turn off lights, water, air conditioner, and furnace.
- Lock windows and doors.
Moving Day - Arrival
- Have a responsible adult available when items are unloaded at the new destination to verify inventory or make any special requests.
- Direct movers where to place and set up furniture.
- It is helpful to put a sign or sticky note on the door of each room to label them. (For example: If your child's belongings are in boxes labeled "Kate's room", the movers will need to know which room is Kate's.)
- Introduce yourself to your new neighbors.
- Welcome home!